Jooki software updates
2020-05-15 Firmware 3.9.94-wa-47e16b49
- Ring now shows battery status when Jooki is on:
- Red - needs to be charged
- Yellow - charging
- Green - finished charging (you may remove cable)
- White - running on battery
- The startup animation has been changed from a ‘spinner’ to a circular progress bar.
- File uploads from http://my.jooki.rocks are now more reliable and more error conditions are detected and shown.
- Spotify: Use ‘Forget this Device’ in the Spotify app if you want to change the Spotify account on Jooki.
- General WiFi & Spotify reliability. (Fixed a hardware config bug affecting some Jooki + fixed bug causing some Jooki to have two network addresses)
- Fixed missing or undefined entries in Device Info page.
- Pressing Prev,Vol-,Vol+,Next together now also pauses music and tests internet connection.
- Unplugging headphones no longer changes the volume.
- Internet Explorer is no longer supported. File uploads were buggy. Please use Google Chrome (or Edge).
2019-11-04 Firmware 3.8.6-nk-79b97b7c
- SD card initialization should be more reliable.
- Firmware update reliability.
- Delete track now works even if the file has been manually deleted from the SD card.
- WiFi channels 12 and 13 also supported (if available).
2019-08-20 Firmware 3.6.7-ol-6fd0d61c
- Spotify connectivity fixes.
- Full support for hidden SSID WiFi networks (on 2.4 GHz).
2018-12-18 Firmware 3.5.9-nd-f887547
- Playback: Shuffle and repeat-track for files (and fixed bug that was losing these settings)
- WiFi: new WiFi driver (fixes WiFi crash on some Samsung tablets).
- WiFi: better support for open WiFi networks.
- WiFi: fixed slow connection time if Jooki’s IP address changed.
- Updates: Fixed bug preventing some Jooki from updating promptly.
- Mobile app: gray-out screen when switching back to app until connected with Jooki reestablished.
- BLE setup fixes.
2019-06-28 Firmware: 3.5.7-m3-461d8e5
- Hold down prev, next, vol+ and vol- for Jooki debug info
- Play sound when Jooki successfully connects to WiFi.
- Fix slow power off on some Jooki.
- Play audio notification after user reset.
- Default content: reduce file size.
2018-11-15 Firmware 3.5.3-wi-ae85bb9
- Improved WiFi reliability.
- Support Spotify repeat-one track.
2018-10-23 Firmware: 3.4.10-vm-8177c4e
- Fixed playback resume for longer playlists.
- WiFi setup - Support for 40-bit hexadecimal WEP keys in WiFi setup. (Note we recommend updating your router to use the more secure WPA option).
- Fixed hang when repeatedly switching airplane mode on and off.
2018-10-22 Firmware: 3.4.9-vm-b1459ca
- Voicemail - Create a Voicemail playlist and record messages on your phone.
- Removed power-off sound so as not to disturb sleeping kids.
- Updates are now in the background and don’t interrupt playback.
- Auto-power off due to inactivity didn’t work on some Jooki with low power.
- NFC figurine detection.
- Deezer playback no longer stops on some Jooki. Shuffle and repeat fixed.
- Fixed occasional ‘Jooki not found … ping timeout’ error.
- Spotify: more tweaks to improve discovery.
- Airplane slider reliability.
2018-08-07 Firmware: 3.2.11-ml-77bcda5
- Deezer Premium support
- Added French and German voice notifications. Select language during WiFi setup or at http://my.jooki.rocks.
- Removed the “Hold down to power off” message since Jooki auto powers off after 15 minutes.
- Changed the toy safe mode on/off notifications from voice to beeps.
- Warn if user tries to upload more than 100 files at once.
- Spotify: Jooki did not show up in ‘Devices Available’ for some users.
- Excessive Startup time (2 minutes) for users with 1000 tracks.
- Show connected Bluetooth devices (and don’t auto power off while BT device connected)
- Audiobook: repeat mode will no longer apply to audiobooks.
2018-06-11 Firmware: 3.2.2-5dc5cf6
- Removed unnecessary ‘Please use Spotify app to connect to Jooki’ messages on startup.
- Some users got stuck on the registration page.
- Jooki failed to recognize some SD cards.
- Don’t warn about low power if Jooki is charging via USB.
- Support WiFi passwords with length > 13 characters.
- Reboot to clear ‘Jooki is too hot’ message.
2018-04-18 Firmware: 3.1.2-76f3cd4
- Web radio: no more glitches.
- Product registration: added owner name.
- WiFi setup: Jooki should now be available at my.jooki.rocks immediately after saving your WiFi credentials.
2018-04-04 Firmware: 3.1.1-70f0ca9
- Spotify Support
- Owner registration
- WEP support for old WiFi networks.
- Pressing Prev + Next buttons together no longer triggers a soft-restart.
- Audio is paused for system notification and then resumed.
2018-03-21 Firmware: 3.0.1-57bfc2d
- Seek bar
- Repeat button
- New audiobook playlist type with Skip forwards/back 15 seconds buttons.
- Filter search added to ‘add track’ page.
- Turn off after 15 minutes of inactivity.
- Turn off via app.
- Show temperature in Device Info page. Warns if too high!
- LEDs turn blue while loading music (noticeable when web radio is buffering)
- LEDs flash blue when you connect to Jooki with mobile or web app.
- App no longer generates an error if connection takes too long.
- File upload reliability.
- When an SD card is inserted for the first time, don’t stop copying after 1 min 30 seconds. Also notify the user every 30 seconds until copying is complete.
- Battery percentage display.
- Reduced web radio skipping.
2018-01-04 Firmware: 2.0.5-6e4eee9
- Flat Token support (and renaming of existing Characters)
- Mobile app: Device Info page, switch between Jooki on your network.
- Web radio reliability.
- File upload reliability and better progress notification.
- Delete tracks from ‘Unused Tracks’ now actually removes files